Valentine's Day is all about Love…..the Love of Chocolate.
You can add a little Romance without spending a lot of money. You can make Hand Made Chocolates as a way of making someone you love feel special on this special day.
* Chocolate Wafers or Pieces
* A Glass Dish
* A Broad Knife used for spreading Icing
* A Microwave Oven
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MELTING THE CHOCOLATE WAFERS:
1) I purchased my Chocolate Wafers at the Bulk Barn. You should pay the extra money and purchase the more expensive Chocolate Wafers. I used Dark Chocolate Wafers. Put your Chocolate Wafers in a Glass Dish. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove from the Microwave and stir with the Broad Knife.
2) Return the Glass Dish to the Microwave and microwave on high for 30 Seconds. Remove from the Microwave and stir with the Broad Knife. Return the Glass Dish to the Microwave and microwave for another 30 Seconds. Repeat this process until the Chocolate Wafers are fully melted.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR HAND DIPPED STRAWBERRIES:
1) Thoroughly wash the Strawberries and pat them dry with Paper Towel. DO NOT remove the green leaves and DO NOT use any Strawberries that have bruises or rotten spots.
2) Holding the Strawberries by the Green Leaves, dip them into the melted Chocolate and place them on a cookie sheet lined with tin foil.
3) Place them in the refrigerator until the Chocolate is set. If you can wait that long.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING THE CHOCOLATE MOLDS:
1) Spoon the melted Chocolate into the Mold of your choice. Fill it up to the top, but don't over fill them.
2) Once you have filled all of the Molds, lift the Mold about an inch off of the table and drop it. Repeat this process a couple of times until there are no Air Bubbles coming to the surface.
3) Place the mold into the refrigerator until the Chocolate is set.
Check out the post on Sat Feb 5, 2011 for an idea to put your molded Chocolates in.
Enjoy!! Happy Valentine's Day!