It is never very easy when someone you love passes away, even if it is a dog. My Mom's friend, Mabel just lost a valuable part of her family, their dog Bruno. He was a treasured and beloved Fur Baby that was part of their life for 11 years. It is hard to know what to say during this difficult time, but I knew that I had to make a Dog Sympathy Card for her.
* D is for Dog #115784
* Bone Folder #102300
* 3/16" Corner Punch #119871
* Curly Label Punch #119851
* Bird Builder Punch #117191
* 1/2" Chocolate Chip Scallop Dots Ribbon #124142
* Sponge Daubers #102892
* Paper Snips #103579
* Multipurpose Glue #110755
* SNAIL Adhesive #104332
* Stampin' Dimensionals #104430
1) Cut a piece of Chocolate Chip Card Stock to measure 4 1/4" X 5 1/2". Fold it in half and crease it with the Bone Folder. The fold should be along the top.This is the Card Base.
2) Cut a piece of Pool Party Card Stock to measure 4" x 5 1/4". Ink up the "Paw Print" from the D is for Dog Stamp Set using the VersaMark Pad. Stamp it as shown along the bottom. Repeat this process and make sure that you reink after each time you stamp.
3) Cut a piece of 1/2" Chocolate Chip Scallop Dots Ribbon to measure 6" using the Paper Snips. Adhere the 1/2" Chocolate Chip Scallop Dots Ribbon (dots side down) to the Pool Party Card Stock using SNAIL Adhesive. Adhere the Pool Party Card Stock to the Chocolate Chip Card Base using 4 Stampin' Dimensionals.
4) Cut a piece of Very Vanilla Card Stock to measure 1 7/8" X 2". Ink up the "Dog" Stamp from the D is for Dog Stamp Set using Crumb Cake Classic Stampin' Pad. Stamp it towards the bottom. Punch all four corners using the 3/16" Corner Punch.
5) Punch a piece of White Vellum Card Stock using the Bird Builder Punch. You only need to punch the Wing and not the entire Bird and Branch. Ink up a Sponge Dauber using Crumb Cake Classic Stampin' Pad and apply ink only to the edge of the Wing as shown. Slightly bend using your fingers, the part of the Wing that attaches to the Dog's Body. This will create a little lip that you will apply the Multipurpose Glue to. Only use a very small amount of Multipurpose Glue. In fact if you apply too much, simply wipe the excess off with your finger. You only need a little bit. If you use too much it will show through the White Vellum Card Stock. Attach the Wing to the Dog's Body as shown. Attach the stamped Very V
anilla Card Stock to the Card Front using 4 Stampin' Dimensionals.
6) Ink up the "so sorry for the loss of your best friend" Stamp from the D is for Dog Stamp Set using Pool Party Classic Stampin' Pad. Stamp it on scrap piece of Very Vanilla Card Stock. Punch the wording out using the Curly Label Punch.
7) Punch out another piece of Chocolate Chip Card Stock using the Curly Label Punch. Cut it in 2 using the Paper Snips.You will have to trim a little off of the pointy edges so they won't show. Adhere the trimmed Chocolate Chip halves to the back of the Very Vanilla Curly Label using SNAIL Adhesive. Adhere these layers to the Card Front using 4 Stampin' Dimensionals.
8) I bet that you would agree that this is the perfect Card to say what you want to during this difficult time. Again, I would like to say how sorry Mom and I are for the passing of Bruno.